Job title: Estimator
Job Synopsis: The estimator position is to support the Service Department in providing quotations for follow on works and other associated small projects being carried out within the service department.
The proposals are based around OpenView`s core proposition – the design, supply, installation and maintenance of electronic security systems which are typically:
• CCTV *
• Fire *
• Door Entry, access control & Warden Call *
• Intruder Alarm *
• Public Address #
• TV Aerial systems #
• Cabling Infrastructure*
• IP Networks #
*The candidate will have extensive knowledge of the core systems and a reasonable understanding of the secondary systems#.
The estimator will work with the service management team to design and price these systems using the following electronic software tools:
• Microsoft Excel Used to price jobs
• Microsoft Word Used to write up proposals
• Ability to turn a customer requirement into a quotation – sales proposal
• Site survey and accurate measurement of requirements
• Design and price for proposals.
• Understanding of security systems design and pricing (training will be provided on key
• Ability to develop conceptual designs through to quotations
• Ability to produce high quality sales proposals (template documents provided)
• Full IT skills MS Word / Excel is a must
• Ability to manage themselves and operate company policies and processes
• All candidates will be tested on the skills above during interview stage.
• All candidates will be subject to security screening as part of the NSI requirement
The candidate will work in our Romford office working in a team environment which enables
Support to be provided on complex projects.
The candidate will attend specific training programmes to learn about key products to ensure they.
OSSL are committed to helping people reach their potential though training, development and career progression. We offer the following remuneration package:
Competitive salary, 23days annual leave (plus statutory), pension scheme, childcare vouchers, company vehicle and phone.
For a full job description and person specification or to apply please email:
Recruitment@openviewgroup.com or contact the HR team on 0330 058 4110