Job title: Estimator
Job Synopsis: This position is to work with the Sales Manager covering the area managing our existing Clients and the bidding of new tenders, producing designs, estimates and proposals for projects and tenders. The proposals are based around OpenView`s core proposition – the design, supply, installation and maintenance of electronic security systems which are typically:
- Active Fire and EML Systems
- Access Control
- Door Entry & Warden Call
- Integrated Systems
- Intruder Alarm
- Public Address
- TV Aerial systems
- Cabling Infrastructure
- IP Networks
The candidate will have extensive knowledge of the core systems within the Electronic Fire & Security Industry and beyond.
The Designer / Estimator will work with the Operations and sales teams to design and price these systems using the following electronic software tools:
- Microsoft Excel Used to price jobs
- Microsoft Word Used to write up proposals
- Microsoft & AutoCad Used to design projects
- Ability to turn a customer requirement into a quotation – sales proposal
- Ability to communicate with Clients and Piers at a high level
- Site survey and accurate measurement of requirements
- Design and price for proposals and tenders
- Understanding of fire and security systems design and pricing (training will be provided on key systems)
- Ability to develop conceptual designs through to quotations
- Ability to produce high quality sales proposals (template documents provided)
- Full IT skills MS Word / Excel is a must
- Ability to manage themselves and operate company policies and processes
- All candidates will be tested on the skills above during interview stage.
- All candidates will be subject to security screening as part of the NSI requirement
The candidate will work in our Newport office working in a team environment which enables support to be provided on complex projects.
The candidate will attend specific training programmes to learn about key products to ensure they maintain skills.
In the future, the candidate will be provided with some key accounts to manage which could lead to a combined sales and estimation role.
OSSL are committed to helping people reach their potential though training, development and career progression. We offer the following remuneration package:
Competitive salary, 23days annual leave (plus statutory), pension scheme, childcare vouchers, company vehicle and phone.
For a full job description and person specification or to apply please email:
Recruitment@openviewgroup.com or contact the HR team on 0330 058 4110