Job title: Sales/Account Manager
Location: Birmingham ( Midlands)
Job Synopsis: This position is to take ownership in managing our existing Clients and the bidding of new tenders, producing designs, estimates and proposals for projects and tenders. The proposals are based around OpenView`s core proposition – the design, supply, installation and maintenance of Fire & security systems and Electrical services which are typically:
- Target Territory – UK Midlands
- Target Market – All OSSL Markets
- Active Fire and EML Systems
- Passive Fire System
- Smart Living and Smart City Solutions
- Access Control
- Door Entry & Warden Call
- Integrated Systems
- Electrical Services
- Intruder Alarm
- Public Address
- TV Aerial systems
- Cabling Infrastructure
- IP Networks
The candidate will have extensive knowledge of the core systems within the Electronic Fire & Security Industry and beyond, with a willingness to develop skills into all areas of the Business.
The candidate will work from our Oldbury office working in a team environment which enables support to be provided on complex projects.
The candidate will attend specific training programmes to learn about key products to ensure they maintain skills.
The role is to deliver revenue within the OpenView Group, in line with agreed objectives and sales targets in the UK. The role involves extensive interaction with end clients, channel partners, and other 3rd parties (e.g. SIs, complementary 3rd party vendors)
- Achieving quarterly and annual sales objectives as defined by the Board
- The candidate will be provided with some key accounts to manage and take full ownership of relationships
- The candidate will take full ownership of Tenders & Opportunities assigned by the directors.
- Development and implementation of a business plan for the region / market, which defines target accounts, upgrade strategies and new business.
- Identification of your top 10 accounts (some existing), create minimum of 10 new accounts, and developing a range of influential contacts that identify business opportunities for OpenView Group.
- Achieving at least 5 ‘First Meetings’ each calendar month. The definition of ‘First Meeting’ will be defined in your business plan with your manager.
- Creation of a quality pipeline, which on an annual basis is at least 4 x annual target.
- To stay up to date on relevant OpenView Group products and competitive alternatives.
- Prospecting for new business within the Region, either directly or using a channel partner/3rd party.
- Maximizing the up sell potential of your existing customer base either directly or using a channel partner/3rd party.
- Act as coordinator for important customer issues.
- Submission of forecasts and close plans to your line manager on a regular basis.
- The Sales Manager will work with the Operations and sales team to design and price these systems using the following electronic software tools:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Project
- Visio or AutoCad
- Sage CRM
- Ability to turn a customer requirement into a quotation – sales proposal
- Ability to communicate with Clients and Piers at a high level
- Site survey and accurate measurement of requirements
- Design and price for proposals and tenders
- Understanding of fire & security systems design and pricing for Quotes & Tenders
- Ability to develop conceptual designs through to quotations
- Ability to produce high quality sales proposals and Tender Returns
- Full IT skills MS Word / Excel is a must
- Ability to manage themselves and operate company policies and processes
- Proven experience in selling solutions within the core channels for at least 3 years.
- Operate with a high level of communication skills to gain entry to higher levels within existing accounts or initial contact at new prospects.
- Enterprise Sales skills – including account analysis, planning and execution. Typically the person will have received specific sales training in major account management. The person will have 5 years relevant sales experience in a suitable business area.
- Confidence and credibility to work at CEO, CC, CSO, CFO or IT Director Level and influence decisions.
- Basic technical and security knowledge; to be able to understand a customer’s problem and then communicate the basic elements of OpenView Group solution to technical and non technical audience.
- Thorough understanding of the procurement process and the influence of channel/3rd parties on the sales process.
- The person will have the skills to organise and run the territory using partners and direct selling activities.
- Proven skills at qualifying a business opportunity, and managing the sales life cycle from initial contact through to final purchase.
- Proven track record of achieving 100% of annual and quarterly targets in previous and current positions.
- The ability to monitor and report via the necessary CRM system, managing all updates, activity status, and opportunity monitoring.
- Ability to work within a team and share experiences and knowledge.
- Understanding of how customers use new technologies to grow their business and mapping the OpenView Group value proposition into their business issue.
- Ability to manage priorities across your region on a daily basis.
- Effective time management, across new and existing customers
- Robust personality that finds solutions to problems and can influence others to accept a different point of view.
- Adept at living with change within customers and at OpenView Group.
- Explicit understanding of the impact of personal actions in the sales process
- Accepting responsibility for their actions and performance in sales revenues, in context of the impact upon the rest of the company.
- Be a committed sales professional, dedicated to their career choice.
- Candidate Vetting
- All candidates will be tested on the skills above during interview stage.
- All candidates will be subject to security screening as part of the NSI requirements
OSSL are committed to helping people reach their potential though training, development and career progression. We offer the following remuneration package:
Competitive salary, 23days annual leave (plus statutory), pension scheme, childcare vouchers, company vehicle and phone.
To apply please email:
Recruitment@openviewgroup.com or contact the HR team on 0330 058 4110