Job title: Small Works Supervisor
Department: Small Works PFEC 107
Location: South Wales, South West & South Coast BH to TR
Element one Supervisory (50%)
To assist in the delegation and planning of workload for the small works department, ensuring the correct equipment is available for installation. Perform supervisory tasks such as site quality inspections, site H&S audits, team Tool Box Talks and Appraisals. There will also be a requirement to assist in the estimate/design stage of small works projects, providing the sales staff with relevant information allowing a quotation to be provided. Assist with the design and production of Fire Zone charts.
Element two Small Works (50%)
To assist the small works team with the completion of small / remedial projects required on contracts supported from the Openview Newport Branch. Workload will be largely based on the fire & emergency lighting disciplines, however on occasions there will be a requirement to complete works on other disciplines within the security industry (CCTV, DE AC, etc). The successful candidate will be mindful of the customer’s requirements and be able to work within predefined time limits to enable the company to maintain its high standards of quality and efficiency whilst delivering customer satisfaction.
Day to day working would be within the South Wales, South West and south coast area BH to TR, but there may be a requirement to travel to other areas or company branches.
Responsible to: Project Manager
Responsible for: Small Works Engineers
As lead engineer / supervisor you will be expected to carry out all engineering duties as follows;
- Candidates will need a solid grounding in installation of fire and security systems, the candidate must demonstrate accurate planning in order to complete works within the timescales set by the client
- Provide a reliable, courteous, efficient and effective service. Maintain a positive image of the company to the customer at all times, through high standards of dress and customer communications.
- At the completion of each small works visit electronically update the tesseract system with a precise and accurate works report.
- Ensure that any company vehicle & tools provided are maintained in good working order.
- Flexible working hours and demonstrate a willingness to help colleagues and customers alike, including out of hours cover as required.
- The ability to work alone or as part of a team is essential. As lead engineer you will expected to work closely with the service administrator and supervise and mentor other engineers and trainees.
- Complete appropriate administration documents and maintain accurate records
- Follow H & S legislation & guidance
- Meet customer targets and KPI’s.
In addition as a lead engineering /supervisor you will be expected to:
- Conduct the site based inspections / surveys as per schedule issued by the branch manager
- Conduct scheduled engineer technical and health and safety audits, leading the team on health and safety best practice, as per schedule issued by the service manager.
- Supervise a team of allocated engineers.
- Be responsible for organising the team call out rota and ensuring cover for all shifts.
- Deal with area issues raised internally or by our customers.
- Work closely with the service manager, report back to the service manager any concerns or issues. Prepare for monthly meetings to update the service manager of contract and team members’ performance.
- Work closely with the service administrator to ensure performance indicators are met, including but not limited to; response times & Replacement times.
- Work closely with the service administrator providing technical input during the production of Small Work quotations
- Build a relationship with the clients at management level, report back to clients were necessary including recommendations for system upgrades etc.
- As part of a team provide technical / engineer support over the phone and attend site where required to assist lesser experienced engineers / trainees.
- Be able to take an objective view on problems and advise on the best solution to resolve problems which benefit the customer and company. Take ownership of problems, issues and KPI’s and guide the team to resolving these issues.
- Complete Monthly engineer meetings with your team ensuring the completing of the H&S Tool Box Talk Requirement.
- Complete 6 monthly appraisal process of your PFEC engineering team.
- Be available as technical support 2nd tier escalation (Via Telephone).
- Resolve W23 jobs within 5 working days at least 90%
- Achieve KPI’s set down by the contract they are responsible for at least 95%
- Health & Safety policies to be adhered to at all times
- Attend # calls per day & complete #
- Live updating of service calls 100%
- Sickness & Absence to be within company guidelines
#Number to be agreed.
5 years in the fire detection and Warden call market, preferably in the social housing sector.
Previous supervisory experience.
A working knowledge in at least 3 of the following areas is desirable:
1. Warden call
2. Fire Alarm
3. Large Scale CCTV (IP & Analogue)
4. Access control (Emergency Lighting
5. Door Entry Systems
Experience of the following system manufacturers
Tynetec, Tunstall, Green Access
Morley, Gent, C-Tec
Experience of working in the social housing sector.
Experience in maintaining and installing the following equipment:
Experience of the following system manufacturers would be a benefit.
Qualifications & Licences
|Full driving licence.
The ability & Wiliness to pass security clearance checks at various levels including but not limited to BPSS, SC, DV & CTC
FIA Units 1, 4 & 5
|C1 + E on Driving licence
Industry recognised qualifications in the electronic security industry.
Formal / recognised manufacturers product specific training
A solid grounding in maintenance & Installation of fire alarm & warden call systems with at least 5 years experience.
|Special aptitudes||Technically minded individual
outgoing / confident personality
Willingness to learn
Work on own initiative but willingness to take direction.
Excellent time keeping and attendance Professional and friendly approach. Ability to manage and mentor a team
*** Please send your CV to email@example.com to be considered for this role***