Job title: Carpenter
The position is for a skilled carpenter to install external wooden security door and associated work within Manchester and surrounding area
Responsible to: Installation Manager
Responsible for: Trainees
- Responsibilities will include mainly installing wooden security door and finishing to a high standard, however some planned maintenance and servicing security doors may be required
- Provide a reliable, courteous, efficient and effective service.
Maintain a positive image of the company to the customer at all times, through high standards of dress and customer communications.
- Ensure that all company vehicles & Equipment provided are maintained in good working order.
- Flexible working hours and demonstrate a willingness to help colleagues and customers.
- Communicate with customers in a professional manner
- Complete appropriate administration and maintain accurate records
- Follow H&S legislation & guidance
- Meet client & Company targets
- Provide your own basic tools (specialist ones will be provided)
- Install FD30/60 fire doors to meet current standards with in the time scales allocated
- Health & Safety policies to be adhered to at all times
- Sickness & Absence to be within company guidelines
|Experience||All aspects of carpentry to include the installation hardwood entrance Removing existing external wooden doors and screens, replacing them with security doors, the fitting of ironmongery and to finish to a high standard.||Experience of working in the social housing & Local Authority sectors.
|Qualifications & Licences||Time served with City and Guilds or NVQ level 2 in carpentry or recognised Equivalent
Current UK Driving Licence
|CSCS, Current UKATA Approved Asbestos awareness Training Courses.|
|Competencies||Candidates will have a solid grounding Carpentry.|
|Special aptitudes||Work on own initiative but willingness to take direction.
Excellent time keeping and attendance
Excellent record keeping
Ability to work on your own
Professional and friendly approach.
To be physically fit as lifting will be involved.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be considered for the above position