Job title: Small Works Engineer
Department: Small Works PFEC 107
Location: South Wales, South West & South Coast BH to TR
To assist the small works team with the completion of small / remedial projects required on contracts supported from the Openview Newport Branch. Workload will be largely based on the fire & emergency lighting disciplines, however on occasions there will be a requirement to complete works on other disciplines within the security industry (CCTV, DE AC, etc). The successful candidate will be mindful of the customer’s requirements and be able to work within predefined time limits to enable the company to maintain its high standards of quality and efficiency whilst delivering customer satisfaction.
Day to day working would be within the South Wales, South West and south coast area BH to TR, but there may be a requirement to travel to other areas or company branches.
Responsible to: Small Work Supervisor
Responsible for: N/A
As small works engineer you will be expected to carry out all engineering duties as follows;
- Candidates will need a solid grounding in installation of fire and security systems, the candidate must have a good technical knowledge enabling them to complete works to a high standard within the timescales set by the client
- Provide a reliable, courteous, efficient and effective service. Maintain a positive image of the company to the customer at all times, through high standards of dress and customer communications.
- At the completion of each small works visit electronically update the tesseract system with a precise and accurate works report.
- Ensure that any company vehicle & tools provided are maintained in good working order.
- Flexible working hours and demonstrate a willingness to help colleagues and customers alike, including out of hours cover as required.
- The ability to work alone or as part of a team is essential. As lead engineer you will expected to work closely with the service administrator and supervise and mentor other engineers and trainees.
- Complete appropriate administration documents and maintain accurate records
- Follow H & S legislation & guidance
- Meet customer targets and KPI’s.
- Provide your own basic tools (specialist ones will be provided)
- Work closely with the service administrator providing technical input during the production of Small Work quotations
- Resolve W23 jobs within 5 working days at least 90%
- Achieve KPI’s set down by the contract they are responsible for at least 95%
- Health & Safety policies to be adhered to at all times
- Attend # calls per day & complete #
- Live updating of service calls 100%
- Sickness & Absence to be within company guidelines
#Number to be agreed.
3 years in the fire detection and Warden call market, preferably in the social housing sector.
A working knowledge in at least 3 of the following areas is desirable:
1. Warden call
2. Fire Alarm
3. Large Scale CCTV (IP & Analogue)
4. Access control (Emergency Lighting
5. Door Entry Systems
Experience of the following system manufacturers
Tynetec, Tunstall, Green Access
Morley, Gent, C-Tec
Experience of working in the social housing sector.
Experience in maintaining and installing the following equipment:
Experience of the following system manufacturers would be a benefit.
Qualifications & Licences
|Full driving licence.
The ability & Wiliness to pass security clearance checks at various levels including but not limited to BPSS, SC, DV & CTC
FIA Units 1, 4 & 5
|C1 + E on Driving licence
Industry recognised qualifications in the electronic security industry.
Formal / recognised manufacturers product specific training
A solid grounding in maintenance & Installation of fire alarm & warden call systems with at least 3 years experience.
|Special aptitudes||Technically minded individual
outgoing / confident personality
Willingness to learn
Work on own initiative but willingness to take direction.
Excellent time keeping and attendance Professional and friendly approach. Ability to manage and mentor a team
* **Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this role***