Job Title: Fire Engineer
- Installing various fire alarm systems in both industrial and commercial premises
- Complete small and larger installations as part of a team or on your own
- To be flexible to attend the main office based in Croydon as and when required
- Installation of fire alarm and security systems to BAFE/NSI standards
- To ensure that the client is satisfied in all aspects of the installation prior to leaving site
- Project a high level of quality customer services at all times
- To ensure that the relevant documentation is fully completed in an accurate and timely manner – including instructions, timesheets, work reports, service reports and expense claims
- Positive, self-motivated and proactive individual
- The ability to operate effectively under pressure to rapidly changing circumstances
- Good skills, with the ability to encourage, negotiate and persuade others to achieve objectives
- Willingness to commute within the greater London area on a daily basis
- Well organised team player
- Excellent customer care skills
Essential Experience/ Criteria
- Ability to fault find accurately
- Good knowledge of BS5839:1/BS5839:6
- Good knowledge of fire alarm systems such as Morley, Advanced, Kentec, Ziton and Gent
- Ability to work on your own or as part of your team
- Able to demonstrate good technical knowledge in the following disciplines: Fire Alarm, PAVA, Emergency Lighting, Nurse Call and Disable Refuge Systems
- Life Safety Systems: 3 year
Qualifications/Certifications required (must hold 1 of following)
- NVQ Level 2/3 in security and alarms or equivalent.
- NVQ Level 2/3 in electrical installations or equivalent.
- Completed FIA Accreditation training modules or equivalent training and experience.
- A ECS card will be required for the candidate to be allowed onto building sites. If you already own a valid card this should enable you to start work immediately. However, a card can be applied for if the successful applicant does not possess one.
- Full UK Drivers License.
- Permit to work in the UK (foreign National)
- DBS Check will be carried out on successful candidates.
- Full Time – 40 hours per week
- The successful candidate will be required to work Monday –Friday based on client site
- Opportunity for overtime on weekends
- 23 days pro rata – paid Annual Leave
- Opportunity to work with a number of Clients
- Become a multi skilled engineer
- Build a career with an established and growing business
- Fire alarm installation: 3 years (Preferred)
- London, Greater London (Required)
- ECS card holder (Required)
- Driving License (Required)
Job Type: Full-time
** Please send your CV and covering letter to Recruitment@openviewgroup.com to be considered for this role***