Job Description & Person Specification
Job title: Warden Call Engineer
Experienced Multi skilled Engineer to operate in our Midlands areas, including but not limited to Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Stafford and Coventry to assist in the delivery routine and reactive servicing, testing, inspection, repairs, installation and commissioning of Warden Call systems and access control. Fire Alarm knowledge is desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate will be mindful of the customer’s requirements and be able to work within predefined time limits to enable the company to maintain its high standards of quality and efficiency whilst delivering customer satisfaction.
Day to day working would be predominantly within the Birmingham areas, there may be a requirement to travel to other areas or company branches.
Responsible to: Service Manager
Responsible for: Trainees
- Responsibilities will include mainly reactive maintenance, fault finding, planned maintenance and servicing of Warden Call systems and access control.
- Provide a reliable, courteous, efficient and effective service.
- Maintain a positive image of the company to the customer at all times, through high standards of dress and customer communications.
- At the completion of each service visit electronically update the service system with a comprehensive service report
- Ensure that all company vehicles & tools provided are maintained in good working order.
- Flexible working hours and demonstrate a willingness to help colleagues and customers.
- Maintain an appropriate level of stock and ensure test equipment is maintained in good working order.
- Demonstrate accurate fault finding techniques and achieve a high level of first time fix.
- Participating on the out of hour’s callout Rota.
- Communicate with customers in a professional manner
- Complete appropriate administration and maintain accurate records
- Follow H&S legislation & guidance
- Meet client & Company targets
- Provide your own basic tools (specialist ones will be provided)
- Mentor Junior Engineers particularly on the routine servicing elements
- Build a relationship with the clients at concierge / warden level. Reports back to clients where necessary.
- A reduction of at least 50% in calls
- Resolve any problematic jobs within 5 working days at least 90%
- Achieve KPI’s set down by the relevant contract they are responsible for at least 92%
- Health & Safety policies to be adhered to at all times
- Attend 4 to 5 calls per day & complete 4 to 5 maintenances per day on smaller sites
- Live updating 100%
- Sickness & Absence to be within company guidelines
|Experience||Minimum of 3 years experience maintaining and servicing Warden call systems & access control
A good working knowledge of TSA for Warden Call.
Must be familiar and have experience of varied Warden call systems.
A working knowledge of providing special take over inspections of existing Warden call systems and access control.
|Experience of working in the social housing sector.
Able to service and maintain a range of fire alarm systems
Fire Extinguisher Trained would be desirable but not essential.
Experience on other Electronic Security Systems would be an advantage
|Qualifications & Licences||Security screening carried out for various sites so a clean criminal record is a must.
A full drivers licence is essential
|C1 + E Driving licence
|Competencies||A solid grounding in maintenance and service and small works of fire systems and associated equipment. With a minimum of 3 years.|
|Special aptitudes||Technically minded.
Willingness to learn.
Work on own initiative but willingness to take direction.
Excellent time keeping and attendance.
Excellent record keeping.
Ability to work on your own.
Professional, friendly and flexible in their approach
Ability to mentor other engineers.
|Outgoing / confident personality
***Please email your CV to email@example.com to be considered for this role***