A national comprehensive installations, maintenance and servicing provider with a proven track record of continuous growth, is seeking a motivated individual to join our growing business, delivering of multi-trade, multi-disciplined contracts for key customers within the stated geographical area.
The company has a highly diverse customer portfolio including residential social housing, commercial, schools, healthcare, corporate and blue light services. The company operates as a tier 1 or 2 contractor throughout the order book.
The successful candidate will be mindful of the business critical nature of the role and be able to take ownership / responsibility of the specific tasks as assigned, working within predefined time limits to enable the company to maintain its high standards of quality and efficiency, whilst delivering customer satisfaction.
The successful candidate must have the drive to work collaboratively, or individually, within the wider delivery team and support them in delivering our contracted commitments to the satisfaction of the client, Directors, KPIs, within budget, on time and at a profit.
The Quantity Surveyor will assist in providing commercial expertise for colleagues so as to maximise returns by working closely with the Contract Managers and Project Managers under the direction of the Group Commercial Director.
This will include carrying out any quantity surveying duties which involves the preparation of monthly valuations, valuing variations, processing valuation payments and agreeing final accounts, to ensure successful delivery of capital works, repairs and maintenance & planned works programmes.
The role will require you to liaise with other key personnel and line managers within the business including Branch and/ or Contracts Managers, Directors and from time to time, company Share Holders.
The successful candidate will be expected to be actively involved and manage the process of providing interim valuations/ claims for payment. The role will require the attendance at Contract and Project Meetings, including directly producing, or overseeing the production, of financial reports (both internal and client focused).
Day to day working would be within the South East Area, centric to London and surrounding areas, but there may be a requirement to travel to other areas or company branches.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to further their carer within a successful and well establish client focused delivery team, with a view to take on a wider ranging remit.
Responsible to: Group Commercial Director/ Directors and Share Holders
Responsible for: Assistant Quantity Surveyors and Administrator.
- To manage all commercial aspects of contracts in order to meet the business objectives of Group Commercial Team.
- Actively manage valuing completed work, preparing customer applications in compliance of the terms of each contract.
- Actively manage valuing completed work and arrangements for payments for Sub-Contractors in accordance with the company terms and conditions.
- Manage the group applications diaries for customer payment and sub contract payment cycles.
- Receive and analyse quotations, liaising with Contracts Managers and Site Agents regarding price, proven history, availability etc.
- Manage the process of monitoring and control of income and expenditure on contracts e.g. interim/final applications for payment/final accounts/payments for late monies etc. liaising where necessary with the relevant people e.g. engineers, clients etc
- Produce relevant monthly reports for the Group Commercial Director e.g. cost and value comparisons, turnover forecasts etc. ensuring information is complete and accurate
- Oversee and manage the collection of cost, measurement and revenue data as required.
- Provide price and quantity feedback to the Sale Team, Estimators and Contracts Managers and Project Managers with regard to contract pricing, projected profit/loss, pricing omissions etc.
- Comply with Group confidentiality and information security policies at all times.
- Oversee the recording and manage the process tracking the revenue and costs for individual works orders via OpenView IT systems, using the correct ordering profiles to ensure value for money.
- Manage and/ or directly draft purchase orders for sub-contract using the companies sub contract agreement and associated documentation to ensure commercial compliance.
- Liaise with colleagues on a continuous basis, driving performance, and processing variations and follow on orders in an efficient and timely fashion, closing orders as soon as practicable, ensuring customer satisfaction and overdue targets are met and exceeded.
- Manage the process of monitoring and reporting on purchase ordering (cost) audit cost against income and report on any irregularities.
- Provide all data and proactively assist in the resolution of disputes, mediation and act as required.
- Actively contribute to the development of the company and Group Commercial Team.
- Guide and provide mentoring on the development of the Assistant Quantity Surveyors and Commercial Administration.
- Duties may vary from time to time within the broad remit of your role and grade. You are required to undertake any such reasonable and appropriate duties.
Specific IT system training will be provided.
|ESSENTIAL APTITUDES & COMPETENCIES|
Commercial/ Contracts Team.
· Understanding of issues around the delivery of maintenance and refurbishment contracts.
· Working understanding of contracts: NEC, PPC, JTC, MF1
· Understanding the use of schedule of rates, project costs, and financial controls.
· Hold or be working towards relevant qualification and professional qualifications.